Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year

Hi,

just a quick, if belated Happy New Year wish to you all.

hope it was a good one. Ours was kinda quiet. We were in a small town called Kahta, which has a majority Kurdish population and is versy strictly Muslim - and therefore was virtually a dry town with no shops selling liquor. Our guide neglected to mention this (groan - she has been iffy at best) and so the opportunity to buy booze in an earlier town passed by. Thankfully, a few of us (not me) had bought booze at airport duty free shops, and the hotel bar had a choice of Turkish red w‎ne or Raki, a moonshine type local spirit that has deathly effects!

So we all just sat around in the lobby area chatting and watching bad Turkish TV personalities hosting a New Year's variety show, and went to bed shortly after Midnight.

I am in Urfa, southern Turkey at the mo, and cross the border into Syria tomorrow. I am not 100% certain of the internet access there so you may or may not hear from me...if you don', I'll only be incommunicado for about 8-9 days when I then hit Jordan (I think it's better there)

Talk soon,

Love, Anthony

peace love and happy faces

No comments: